Saviynt Review

Highly functional and well rounded system with good user access reviews

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use cases are for identity lifecycle management and identity governance.

What is most valuable?

It's a highly functional system and a very well rounded solution. The onboarding of applications is solid. Their user access reviews are very good. Their role-based model and identity life cycle stuff are solid. It's a very well rounded, strong product.

What needs improvement?

In terms of improvement, it's really just a matter of them getting more mature. It's a relatively new solution and they probably need to streamline a few of the processes as they mature. But there are not too many problems.

I have been using Saviynt for twelve months.

The whole Saviynt model is a hosted solution by Saviynt, so they hosted in their environment and it's a cloud-based offering.

It's solid enough, it performs well.

I know our people have contacted their support and they found them to be quite responsive.

On one level there are not a lot of differences between Saviynt and IdentityIQ. They both try to do almost the same things. Both of those products address much the same marketplace, and they do it in slightly different ways, but only slightly different. They basically offer the same features, so they're very similar solutions.

The setup is as complex or straightforward as the customer needs it to be. It's generally easy to get started, but like any system, if the client is complex in requirements, then generally it takes a lot more effort to get set up. Saviynt is good if you've got fairly straightforward requirements. It goes in quickly and easily. But as soon as you get some variations and complexity from the customer, then that takes customization, which is always involved. That's not a criticism of the platform, it's just the nature of the project.

You would certainly need specialist skills to deploy the solution.

What other advice do I have?

It's certainly a very worthwhile and solid product. I think organizations need to understand what they're trying to achieve before they start these projects. If they're looking for the range of things that Saviynt offers, then it is a very solid product.

I would rate Saviynt an eight out of ten. Nothing is a 10 and it's got some edges that need to smooth out as it matures. There are certain things that it doesn't do as elegantly as it could, but that's like most products, nothing's ideal. It's a very tameable product.

I've got no particular as to which features could be added. It's just a matter of how you customize it to meet requirements. If you can live within the boundaries of what comes out of the box, it's very simple and straightforward, but very few organizations do that. So, the ability to accommodate customization is always an area that needs to be focused on.

Private Cloud