SCCM Review

There is a faster time to rollout. If we get a new PC, it can be ready for productivity right away.

What is our primary use case?

It's mainly end-point management, right imaging, patching,and third-party application.

How has it helped my organization?

There is a faster time to rollout. If we get a new PC, they can get in there and be ready to be productive right away, so I would say that would be the biggest improvement.

What is most valuable?

They have built-in Windows 10 servicing model, and all that, so it makes it easier to bring in upgrades.

What needs improvement?

Troubleshooting in general needs improvement. There's just a ton of logs to go through, and so finding the error log that corresponds with that you're doing can sometimes be difficult.

One quarter of our company still uses BigFix, and we are currently trying to determine whether we should switch everyone to SCCM.

It is straightforward. I am currently setting up a new version, and it is easy because we have the existing infrastructure.

Do your research, make sure you know what you're getting into with it, and make sure that it fits your needs.

Overall, I think it's fine. It's pretty much in-line because there are ways to offset it with the Office 365 licensing.

What other advice do I have?

They are very aggressive with the feature steps that they're adding right, so every 6 months they come out with a bunch of new features, so I like that.

More SCCM reviews from users