SCCM Review

a good choice for deployment that performs very well

What is our primary use case?

We use it for deployment purposes, for all managing all the devices and patching. It has performed very well.

How has it helped my organization?

The benefits of SCCM is that in the deployment, we can deploy one like machine with it without an alias, it also gets the management capability of all devices that are dispatched or not.

What is most valuable?

It deploys all the bare metals using PXE and it gathers all of the information of the device using a discovery, whatever it is in the domain and we can schedule the deployment according to our need. It's a flexible tool.

It has many features. It generates our reports as well, provides compliance reports, monitors the dashboard and now it has the Cloud Management Gateway. It's awesome!

In addition, there are improvements. There are new features like App-V and Core Management. The Core Management allows us to move to the cloud as well as with our own premises infrastructure. It can manage the Internet Appliance without exposing the infrastructure to the cloud.

What needs improvement?

Sometimes it does not update the log files. It gives an error code, rather than giving the actual problem.

The stability is good.

The scalability is good.

We only use SCCM and MDT. I really do not have experience with anything else.

The setup was complex and I faced a lot of problems initially because I was new to the solution.

What other advice do I have?

If you need only deployment purposes, and no management capability, then use MDT also. And if you want to deploy many devices and manage those devices, then go for SCCM.

More SCCM reviews from users