ScienceLogic Review

The whole platform overall is very powerful.

What is most valuable?

The whole platform overall is very powerful. Best feature of all is detailed monitoring of services, processes, ports and SSL certificates and or web content. SSL certificate monitoring function is really great, one does not need to use third party software or worst ... spreadsheet.

How has it helped my organization?

The EM7 platform allows one to allocate resources and point them in the right direction when needed. We can monitor 6000k devices with only handful of people 24/7.

What needs improvement?

Ticketing improved dramatically from when I started working with the EM7 platform. Guys at ScienceLogic are always open to new suggestions and their voting system allows them to develop tools that are truly needed.

6 Years

Not at all. Deployment was pretty straight forward and ScienceLogic engineers were able to deploy EM7 quickly and efficiently. We are about to migrate to Virtualized system which I'm sure would be even easier.

No, even with 6000 devices we did not encounter any stability issues. Our system worked perfectly from day one.

Scalability is pretty easy. You have few different option of hardware (Dell) that you can use to expand your system by adding more collectors or expand your database.

Customer service is amazing, ScienceLogic is growing quickly however it still has a small company feel what allows their engineers to know your system well from the ground up. They are always flexible with scheduling and allow you to choose best dates that fit your calendar.

Technical Support is always there. If its small or big question I never had to wait in a queue. Usually it take them 2-3 rings to pick up the phone. Once a call is initiated they log in to your system within 5 minutes and start resolving issues and answering questions where needed.

No, ScienceLogic is the first solution that we used since there is no one out there that provides monitoring and ticketing in the same system.

Initial setup is very straightforward. Appliances with prebuild system are being shipped to you (either All in one for smaller customers or collector, database and API for anyone with few thousand devices.) System is pretty much plug and play and required only few hours of setup.

We have implemented our system via in house team. Their experience is great and they always have answers and solutions at their fingertips.

Unfortunately I do not have information on this subject since ROI is not being calculated by me. If I had to guess ROI would be around 150%

Calculate your devices and decide how many SNMP and PING devices you needed. Pricing between the two is quiet large therefore you can save some money if you don't require to collect all info on each device.

No other options were on the market at the time when ScienceLogic came out with their Em7 platform. Their product is specializing not only in monitoring but also in Ticketing.

What other advice do I have?

ScienceLogic is a great company! I worked with them for the past 6years and their growth shows that they are the leader in monitoring segment for small to medium companies. Keep up good work.