ScienceLogic Review

Includes the ability to write custom dynamic applications, and custom dashboards.

What is most valuable?

The ability to write custom dynamic applications, and the ability to create custom dashboards to display multiple device graphs in one place.

How has it helped my organization?

We have been using EM7 as our monitoring solution since our product was launched 7 years ago. EM7 has allowed us to respond quickly to service outages, and has been a great help in identifying the cause of these outages.

What needs improvement?

The upgrade process occasionally proves to be exciting. ScienceLogic Support is always able to resolve the exciting issues promptly, but I'd rather seem them not appear in the first place.

My company: 7 years

Me personally: 3 years

No. Initial deployment is always quick and easy. I'be deployed more than a dozen appliances and not encountered any issues.

Not with EM7, just with my hardware. Even in those instances, ScienceLogic support has been a great help in getting things running again.

The only scalability issues I've encountered have been due to bugs in my hardware. When I have followed heir published hardware recommendations and used reliable hardware I have seen no scalability issues.

Excellent. I've only called to address licensing issues, and they have always been able to resolve my issues quickly.

The best I've ever experienced. No matter whether my issue has been due to system configuration, operator inexperience, or hardware problems, they have always been able to guide me to a prompt resolution.

I've used Nagios a number of times, and have tried Zabbix and a couple others. All of the other solutions make generating graphs and configuring alerts a painful process. With EM7 it's painless.

Very simple. With the auto-discovery capability, I didn't have to created complicated configuration files like with Nagios.

In-house. The solution was initially implemented by my boss, but I took over 3 years ago. Since then I have thoroughly enjoyed supporting EM7.

The product is a bit expensive, but impressive capability and expandability comes at a price. My management team has never hesitated to approve my requests for new licenses.

My boss tells me that they looked at Nagios and Zabbix, and discovered that they didn't offer nearly the capabilities offered by EM7. The fact that our primary provider of satellite communications services also uses EM7 was an additional big help in making the choice.

What other advice do I have?

I highly recommend on-site training from ScienceLogic's staff. They convey a great deal of information very quickly and painlessly.