ScienceLogic Review

The customizable dashboard is my favorite feature. Overall monitoring capabilities could be improved.

Valuable Features

The customizable dashboard is my favorite feature. I have everything that matters to me in my role available immediately at sign on. I also love that we can customize a customers dashboard view, from analyst to C-level executive we can give the customer exactly what they want/need to see at sign on.

Improvements to My Organization

We have been able to utilize categories and grouping for both customers and devices to streamline our processes for both monitoring and management of those devices.

Room for Improvement

Overall monitoring capabilities could be improved. We run into instances where we are not able to configure monitoring for specific things and requires quite a bit of manual labor to accomplish these tasks.

Use of Solution

We have used this solution for about 3 years.

I was not a part of the original deployment team so I am unsure. I have been involved in some customer deployments and things seem to run quite smoothly.

The main stability issues we encounter are during upgrades which tend to take longer to apply than scheduled. The stability tends to be fantastic.

We have found this solution to be quite scalable and at this price point it seems to be intended for enterprise level customers.

The customer service at ScienceLogic is excellent. We have multiple routes we can use as escalation when needed but we really have not had the need to at this point.

The technical support provided by ScienceLogic is above average. The built in programming is excellent. Sometimes it is difficult to apply to monitoring but when it works it is great.

I was not with the company I am now prior to us utilizing ScienceLogic and EM7 as a monitoring tool.

Again, I was not part of the initial setup I joined my company after things were originally launched.

Implementation Team

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

This tends to be an expensive solution that is geared toward enterprise level customers. You will need to have an intermediate monitoring option as well.

Other Advice

There are some very nice features built into this solution but it does seem to serve enterprise level customers more than any others.