ScienceLogic Review
Tool for fault and performance monitoring

Valuable Features

One of the valuable features is rapid dashboards.

Improvements to My Organization

Overall, it is a very solid tool for Fault and Performance Monitoring. We use the tool to provide views into their environment.

Our engineers use the tool when engaged on a Systems and Network Architecture project to determine baselines and to monitor changes we make.

Our NOC also uses the tool to provide monitoring services to our client.

Room for Improvement

I would like to see out-of-the-box standard dashboards for common services.

Use of Solution

We have used this solution for three years.

The deployment was smooth. However, we deployed on our internal systems, then expanded to include external and managed systems.

We have had excellent reliability with the product. There are sometimes issues when changes and migrations are done to monitored elements, but we have seen that with every solution that I have deployed.

We have not had any scalability issues. However, we only have a few thousand elements. This is something I will continue to watch as it grows.

Customer Service is fantastic. Their Customer Service has been the best I have encountered. They are willing to work through issues with their product or simply issues that can be tangential to the product itself.

Overall, technical support has been excellent. When I have run into issues that move past their Tier-2 support, I had the opportunity to work with their directors and their development staff.

We switched because of cost and the overall level of effort it was taking to keep up with managing the solution. This was not a full time job, but simply a part time job for one person. This solution has allowed us to provide support with a fraction of the resources, instead of dedicating a full-time resource.

The initial setup was rather simple. We used Professional Services as well as Technical training resources from ScienceLogic.

Implementation Team

The deployment was done remotely by a single individual in few days. Overall, he was very competent.

ROI

We have had a very solid ROI since we use the product as part of our Managed Services offering. It has allowed us to keep the prices both competitive and profitable.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

Decide what you want to monitor and only monitor those items. Absorb other elements as you grow.

Other Solutions Considered

We migrated from Nimsoft to ScienceLogic, but I have worked with a large number of Enterprise Monitoring platforms in my career. We considered Nagios, SolarWinds, and ManageEngine before deciding on this solution.

Other Advice

I am excited to see the new version, Version 8. But the product has continued to grow and whenever I have had issues, ScienceLogic has stepped up as company. I feel very comfortable recommending them as a solution.

1 visitor found this review helpful