SCOM Review

Has all of the tools we need for managing Windows, but lags in support for Unix-based systems

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use for this solution is to monitor our Windows Platform.

What is most valuable?

We are using all of the management parts that are related to Windows.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see better support for monitoring Unix-based systems. The Unix management functionality is not yet truly mature.

The reporting capability needs improvement.

This solution would be improved if the management functionality were expanded to include other products, such as WebSphere MQ.

Ten years.

This is a stable solution, compared to other products.

It is quite easy to add more users to the platform.

There are ten people on our team who use this solution. We are responsible for administrating different projects and we use this solution on a daily basis.

The support is fine with Microsoft. I don't have any issue with that. Compared to companies like HP and Micro Focus, the support from Microsoft is awesome.

What other advice do I have?

This solution satisfies all of the requirements that we need for our Windows-based systems, so if you are using the Windows platform then this is an easy solution. When it comes to managing Unix-based systems, however, you will need to do more research.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.