SCSM Review

Provides the reports we need to keep on top of fulfilling service requests

What is our primary use case?

I am using this solution as a customer to do what it was built for: to help us be more efficient in tracking and delivering our services.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature in this solution for me is the reporting.

What needs improvement?

I have not made up my mind about what really needs to be improved. Overall, I am pleased with it mostly because it supplies the reports I need. As far as other features, it performs what I need it to do.

Probably the price and configuration could both be a bit improved.

I have been using SCSM (System Center Service Manager) for the last three years.

We have not had any bugs or glitches with the stability of the solution that I have noticed. It is stable.

We currently have 25 users for the product. It is a mixture of engineers and end-users.

We have your own team for maintenance and do not really need to use support.

We previously used SCCM (System Center Configuration Manager) and SCCPM (Software Configuration, Change, and Process Management).

We actually still use all of these solutions. We just apply them in different use cases.

The initial setup was pretty simple. The deployment part did not take long at all.

It is an amazing solution but the pricing could be improved to be a little more competitive.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this as a solution to other people considering it. But just as with everything and anything, people need to educate themselves as to the services that the application offers. It has to fit the need to be worth the cost and effort to understand.

On a scale from one to ten where one is the worst and ten is the best, I would rate System Center Service Manager as an eight. It would not be higher because nothing is perfect and it does have some faults.

More SCSM reviews from users
...who compared it with ServiceNow
Learn what your peers think about SCSM. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
457,459 professionals have used our research since 2012.