SCSM Review

Good call logging but a complex setup and very bad patch management

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution to log calls and also for change and patch management.

What is most valuable?

The call logging is the solution's most valuable feature. It's very easy to use.

The solution isn't too resource-intensive.

What needs improvement?

The patch management aspect of the solution should be improved. It's quite complicated and not user-friendly. If your systems are not patched properly, you are unable to pull reports.

They should make it easy to use and to make it possible for users to log calls on the portal. It needs to be web-based.

I've been using the solution since 2012.

The solution is stable.

I've never tested the scalability of the solution. We only have about 10 to 20 users on it right now. We don't have plans to increase the usage right now.

We're happy with technical support. They've been fairly responsive. We log a call with Microsoft and they are able to log in and fix the problem for us.

We did previously use a different solution. It was something that we had developed internally.

The initial setup is quite complex. It requires someone with advanced knowledge to install it.

We outsourced the implementation to a consultant. They were very good and knew exactly what to do.

This solution uses the Microsoft licensing model. We pay every three years. The license includes support.

What other advice do I have?

We use the on-premises deployment model.

The product is very good, aside from the patch management. I'd rate the solution five out of ten. If the patch management was better, I'd rate it much higher.

1 visitor found this review helpful