Securonix Security Analytics Review

Analytics platform has open security data-links and it is easy to deploy

What is our primary use case?

In our organization, we handle cybersecurity. As an IT services company, we are limited to setting up the security operations center in different forms for our customers' requirements.

We are in the business of setting up the security operation center for the customers and we also provide other stock services for many of the customers. We do have a lot of service offerings on our stock management platform.

We do MDR via cloud security and its monitoring services, so we are very familiar with the leading platforms in the market today like QRadar and Splunk. We use them in our environment today. I have been searching out the next-gen SIEM. Then I brought Securonix to my board. I came to learn that Securonix is leading in the innovative ideas and innovations on the SIEM platform side. Particularly because my role is a security practice in Veeam SM. If you evaluate the market trends you understand the products released into the market and how best to leverage that integration and make sure that there is no bounce back to the customer in these situations. That's why I started evaluating the Securonix in a typical lead evaluation.

We are not partnered, we have just done a couple of initial discussions with some of the folks here in India. We are still in the stage of evaluating these products, including Securonix.

I noticed that this is more on the open data platform when it comes to managing the locks from a different angle and for different assets. That's one area which is more interesting for us.

Compared to other competitors in the market, what I have seen is that their module is the UEBA, User and Entity Behavior Analytics, module. That is something different which they are offering today.

These are some of the differences I see. Additionally, is the pricing issue. They are moving from DB pricing to the identity-based pricing. But I'm still confused about that identity pricing. I still have to get more clarification from the products.

What is most valuable?

The feature that I have found most valuable is their analytics platform where they have the open security data-link, which they introduced. This is typically different from the other vendors.

What needs improvement?

As far as what can be improved, again it is the pricing. I'm not sure how they are proceeding with the identity-based pricing compared with DB pricing which most of the vendors are using today. Some of them are dealing with EPS based pricing.

There is still a need to evaluate the stability because we are very new to this platform. So we need some more time to do that.

The initial setup is straightforward, it is easy to deploy.

We did evaluate other options before choosing Securonix. As an MSSP we use many products. It all depends on the kind of requirements we get from the customer. We evaluated QRadar and Splunk. As an MSSP, we use a combination of tools.

The major difference between Securonix and the rest is that their security data-link is very open and the hosting of that platform is much simpler compared to other vendors.

Because there is no proprietary thing involved here the log management should be much easier compared to others.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale of one to ten I would rate Securonix an eight.