SEEBURGER BIS Review

We are able to create and deploy maps to very quickly migrate from another EDI platform

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution for EDI and file swaps, but it will be used for all integrations going forward.

How has it helped my organization?

We can control our upgrade cycle instead of being dependent on cloud vendor timing. We are also able to build and deploy quickly, but our speed is limited by our SOX controls.

What is most valuable?

• Scalability. We have not had to add processing power or hardware since we installed it.
  • We are able to create and deploy maps to migrate from another EDI platform very quickly.
  • The Active-Active feature probably also helps but it's hard to say for sure because we didn't have much load on the system prior to implementing it.

What needs improvement?

A true debugger that allows you to step through the process would be a good improvement. Right now, we are limited to reading the log file generated by the test screen in Mapping Designer.

It is very stable.

SEEBURGER Business Integration Suite (BIS) is highly scalable. Since moving to Active-Active we have not had to change our environment.

Technical support has always been great.

We switched from Dell AtomSphere.

The initial setup was somewhat complex. I would say you need SEEBURGER Professional Services to help you through it.

Deployment took a couple of days for each environment. Our implementation strategy was to deploy to our Dev/QA environments first and production at a later time. We deployed on-premise as we prefer to control the environment of our mission-critical systems.

Pricing has always seemed fair.

We evaluated:

What other advice do I have?

Create a matrix of criteria to evaluate all tools fairly.

In our company, we have ten to 12 users of the solution and they are very technical development/support people. Deployment and maintenance are shared among a team of people but SEEBURGER Business Integration Suite (BIS) requires almost no maintenance.