Selenium HQ Review

We got faster server response times by using its automation tools for our website.

Valuable Features

Selenium web driver.

Improvements to My Organization

We were using other HP tools to automate for our website and it took a lot of memory which slows down our server response times and also slower than Selenium. We gained like seven seconds after moving to Selenium.

Room for Improvement

Though Selenium is an open source tool, I would like to see If it can support all the browsers to the latest versions and with a predefined framework tied to it. Since selenium goes with the Java there is no standard framework defined and every other company builds their own framework which is good in one way. But the skills sets requires to build this framework takes a lot of time and ROI time is also increased.

The only as I mentioned is supporting the latest versions of the browsers. The code that works in FF doesn’t work in Chrome. Scalability wise, Selenium only supports the websites with pure HTMLs.

There are lot of forums on web. So never have to worry about reaching to technical support and I’m not aware of any either.

Building the framework is the one thing and using selenium (which is straightforward) after that is much easier.

Implementation Team

We developed in house and I totally support the In house. In house you can change your framework based on the needs with frequent code changes.

ROI

We have a great savings after building the initial framework. We run 600 test cases in parallel in virtual desktops in 16hours which takes 52 hours to execute manually. This execution takes place once in a month on an average.