Selenium HQ Review

It gives us the ability to execute tests in parallel which provides time savings for testing.

Valuable Features

• Automate test across several browsers such as IE, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
  • Write automation scripts in any language of your choice Java, C#, PHP, Python and many more
  • Ability to execute tests in parallel which provide time saving for testing
  • Ability to take screenshots of every tests
  • An open API that can be extended based on our needs
  • A Recorder Tool to record tests and execute them for non-developers

Improvements to My Organization

We provide IT services and solutions, and this solution helped our clients reduce their manual testing efforts to greater level. Our clients have realized benefits by reducing their testing cycle from three days to three hours through Selenium.

Room for Improvement

They can improve test reporting, and more importantly on test scripts, by providing less constructs to automate more complex testing scenarios.

Use of Solution

I've used it for the past nine years. We use it alongside Appium.

Deployment is little tricky but with good help from external vendors organizations, can implement a Selenium based test automation solution in a short period of time.

There have been no issues with the stability.

There have been no issues with the scalability.

There is great on-line support from the users community. External vendors have innovative solutions build using these tools where they provide tremendous support.

It was difficult to some extent, but with good documentation from the on-line community we where able to implement the tool.

Implementation Team

We did it in-house. If you are implementing it for enterprise level its better to seek external vendor help.

ROI

We have seen ROI of more than 60%. It's open source.

Other Advice

I would say start lean, gain small wins and incrementally add more. Example: Start automating test cases for one browser and slow expand to multiple browsers.