- It's open source tool (cost effective)
- More Test Coverage through Multiple browser support(Chrome,FF,IE9,10,11,Opera,Safari and Edge(recently)
- Scalable to extend and integrate with other Automation tools like Jmeter & OWASP ZAP, thus enable team to perform Fuctional, NonFunctional test(Performance, Security)
- Can be integrated with CI tools like Jenkins
- Can be integrated with builder tools like Maven & ANT
- Can be extended to cloud environments (sauce labs)
- Multiple platform support like windows, Linux and MAC
- Can be used with different Automation frameworks like TDD,BDD and Hybrid
- Remote script execution possible with Grid & node setup
- Less Turnaround time with Parallel Executions
- Easy to Learn & Mastering
- Huge user community base and support
- Support for version control tools like SVN and Git
- Headless Browser support using HTMLUnit & PhantomJS drivers
Improvements to My Organization:
It is an awesome tool to use with great ROI, we have been using this tool extensively in most of our projects to reduce the manual regression efforts and to prevent production defects. Another beauty of this tool is to extend and integrate with other functional & non functional tools(Jmeter, OWASP ZAP, Appium ..etc.)
Recently we have implemented the Extended Reporting to support rich reporting structure with Charts,Dashboards that would be easy for stakeholders to Analyze and arrive at decisions.
Room for Improvement:
Compatibility issues with newer versions of browsers (IE & Firefox) and latest server versions, but this can be addressed with some workarounds.
Handling Windows based dialogs (or) performaning Non browser action can bit challenging, so far we are using AutoIT tool to perform this.
Rather QTP or any other Commercial tools, Selenium expects more Techinical(Prograaming) expertise, but other end this feature makes selenium more flexible
We had compatibility issues with some newer versions of browsers.
We've had no issues with stability.
We've had no issues with scalability.
Which version of this solution are you currently using?