Selenium HQ Review

Testers do not need to be technical. You can use forums for any issues that arise.

What is most valuable?

Some valuable features are that it is easy to use and the ability to use forums for any issues that arise.

How has it helped my organization?

Regression testing time was greatly reduced, following implementation of Selenium automated test suites.

What needs improvement?

Sometimes, without codes or tests being altered, errors would result. This was often due to the speed at which the test was run. Therefore, I would say robustness is an area for improvement.

I have used this product for five years.

This product is easy to deploy.

I did encounter some stability issues. So, I found it was better to run automation scripts at slower speeds to get consistent results.

I have not encountered any scalability issues.

I did not contact customer service.

The beauty of Selenium is that since many people use it, technical questions can be quickly answered in many available online forums.

I have not used any other solution before.

The setup was a straightforward process. It was easy to download the latest version from the website.

We implemented this product in-house.

Regression testing could be completed within hours at the end of each sprint, rather than taking days of manual testing.

This is an open source, so this product was free.

We have not evaluated any other options.

What other advice do I have?

If you are testing websites, this is a great tool. It is easy to use, even without much coding knowledge. Testers do not need to be very technical to start creating useful test cases.