Selenium HQ Review

Free to use and is not limited to any scripting language

What is most valuable?

Selenium WebDriver and Selenium IDE are useful.

Selenium IDE is able to record and playback. It was useful for me when I did not know coding. Selenium WebDriver has got packages which help in automating test cases.

The best part of Selenium WebDriver is that it supports multiple web browsers, thus, helping in cross-browser testing.

It is free to use and is not limited to any scripting language.

How has it helped my organization?

It has helped our organization as automating the test cases is much easier and faster now. It covers a wide range of test cases and in many browsers.

What needs improvement?

Selenium has room for improvement as it does not support the tests and result-sharing in anything but a manual way.

I have been using it for six months now.

There were some stability issues with Selenium. Sometimes my tests were not stable.

I have scalability issues with Selenium.

I did not use any technical support other than the help from my colleagues.

I have used Tricentis Tosca before, but I find Selenium much better as it is an open source tool and free to use.

The initial setup wasn't easy as I didn't know what packages to use and which ones were useful for my project.

Pricing: It is free to use.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise others to use Selenium WebDriver and to understand all the packages useful for their project.

1 visitor found this review helpful