Selenium HQ Review

Open-source and flexible but it needs more information in regards to some testing

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for automation testing.

How has it helped my organization?

Nowadays we are using the solution to allow old solutions to run through it. This way, we don't need to go check functionalities created previously. We just run the automation. In just one click you run the automations through. It saves a lot of time and allows us to focus on other things.

What is most valuable?

The solution is very flexible; there are different ways of using it. It's open-source and has a lot of support on offer.

It's excellent for analysis automation testing.

You can use the solution on many different browsers as well.

What needs improvement?

The solution need to  offer up much more information in regard to performance testing using selenium.

I've been using the solution for eight months.

The solution is very scalable. You just have to have an understanding of how you are going to use it before you proceed. We do plan to increase usage in the future.

Technical support is very good; I'd rate it seven or eight out of ten.

We also use ReadyAPI alongside Selenium. We're working to integrate the two to have an overall more powerful performance.

The initial setup was straightforward, however, it does depend on what the organization's requirements are. Deployment can take up to one or two months.

The solution is open-source; you don't have to pay a licensing fee.

What other advice do I have?

We're using the on-premises deployment model.

It is an open-source solution and you are able to build vertically. There is also lots of support pertaining to Selenium such as videos on YouTube. It's very easy to integrate on different platforms.

The solution is constantly being updated and advanced; it's very reactive and in a constant state of change.

I'd rate it seven out of ten.