Seqrite Endpoint Security Review

Slows Mac machine boot time, many issues with instability, and the support is not helpful

What is our primary use case?

We deployed Seqrite in our company, for getting anti-virus and IP protection.

We are approximately a 60-person strong company, with 80% Windows and 20% Mac machines.

We are spread across two offices in India, and working 100% remote since March 2020, and plan to continue in the same way.

We were primarily looking to have a good antivirus solution, with other IP features. We wanted to have protection across a range of devices like Windows, Macs, etc. It would mean that we don't go for individual licenses for both Windows/Mac machines.

We were excited about the cloud-based management features of Seqrite and were looking to use the same. The overall goal was to have a single source of truth and dashboard for getting hold of all security checkpoints in the company.

How has it helped my organization?

It has been a pain since we installed it. Seqrite doesn't work at all on macOS. Here is our experience summary on macOS:

• Machine boot time was terribly increased. We told the support team and they didn't accept the issue.
  • The internet stopped working since we installed it. We were raising complaints with our ISP and later realized it's Seqrite that damaged it. The solution was simple; we disabled "Web Security", and it started working immediately. Seqrite support again claimed that the broadband works ad-hoc, though the same broadband works fine at the same time on other mobile devices and laptops. I have bought few spare machines to test at home since I purchased Seqrite for the company.
  • TOUCH ID - The fingerprint scanner stopped working on Mac and again, the only solution is to uninstall it. As per Seqrite, they have worldwide macOS users, none of them faced this issue. So, it was again our own problem, nothing faulty in Seqrite.
  • Post-Seqrite uninstall on my macOS, the Google Meet service drops internet randomly, which happened for the first time in many years, on the same machine and internet connection. I need to format my Mac to fix it, but as usual, Seqrite doesn't own this problem.

What is most valuable?

In terms of features, there is nothing that is usable so far and we are deeply regretting our decision.

This software claims to have a lot of features, which sounds really good to have and make good use of, but because of our struggles in getting it to work correctly, we were not able to move ahead.

We are currently busy researching on our own and trying to make this software work for the next three years.

In case it works, we are looking to use features like USB blocking, file upload alerts, and other antivirus features as well, but this software has to work first.

What needs improvement?

Integrity is compromised, they should accept a bug in the software and promptly provide a simple fix, like on Macs disabling Web Security will fix the internet issues.

A handbook of known issues and quick fixes should be given so that troubleshooting and frustration are less.

We were told, that Seqrite takes less than a minute to deploy on any machine, and is cloud-based management. On issues, we were told that an IT guy should be there in the company to handle such things too or dedicate a person to work with Seqrite support on these challenges. If you are a small remote company like us, think on these points too, and how much bandwidth you have for IT support.

We have been using Seqrite Endpoint Security for between two and three weeks.

The stability is zero. Seqrite doesn't work, and the company doesn't accept the problems. We spent a lot of time with support to stabilize Macs, as of now situation is

- It's working on older macs (without fingerprint scanner), but with WebSecurity disabled. Macs work with websecurity enabled, but internet can go away anytime. We can't afford this randomness.

- We spent many days on our Macs already, so gave up on the fingerprint scanner issue. Currently, not planning to install it on macs with TouchID.

Overall, our situation is tragedically comic, as we are hesitant to buy more licenses, because we lost faith in the product. We are not getting a refund of our existing licenses, as Seqrite support will not fix the issue, and will never accept it as well. So we are in a partial deployment in company as of now. We are scared to ask feedback from employees, as it will make a joke of such security software, and any future deployments of any other similar software will be taken negatively.

We are quite negative, as this could only function well if it works. We are struggling to get it working properly.

There is zero support. They will blame you, say that your machine is faulty, or your internet is faulty, but "there is no bug in Seqrite" according to them.

We spent multiple working days/weeks with Seqrite support. They are not trained/educated enough to guide us promptly on these issues. We faced similar issues on all Mac machines, and we were able to find a fix in two or three days. We wished that Seqrite had told us the same, which would have saved our bandwidth in fighting the ISP for internet quality and getting frustrated with a random Internet outage.

Overall, the company forces support on you, and they will never accept any of the issues in their software.

We did not use another solution prior to this one.

The initial setup was not straightforward at all. Still, it is a struggle and we are forced to stay locked for the next three years, as there is no refund given.

The vendor team was used to deploy, and they were not accepting the problems that came post-deployment.

We have no ROI with this product.

There is no option to refund the money and unfortunately, we bought a three-year license, seeing that Quick Heal is a long-established player in the market.

We evaluated Sophos but we selected Seqrite because it was less costly and had more features.

What other advice do I have?

My final advice is to get Seqrite for two or three machines to start with. If you are planning to deploy for the whole company, especially test Macs, although we are facing issues with Windows as well. Gradually add licenses, if things go well.

Be prepared to spend a lot of time with support.

Private Cloud

Other
**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We bought licenses of Seqrite and provide the required evidence as needed.
More Seqrite Endpoint Security reviews from users
...who compared it with Sophos Intercept X
Find out what your peers are saying about Seqrite, Sophos, Kaspersky and others in Endpoint Protection for Business (EPP). Updated: September 2021.
533,638 professionals have used our research since 2012.