ServiceNow Discovery Review

Feature-rich with many plugins that integrates well, and they have a solid support team

What is our primary use case?

I am a consultant. We implement solutions for our clients.

The primary use case of this solution is to automate inventory management, asset management, and discovery. It also used to integrate with other monitoring tools for instant management change.

Mainly, the primary use case would be the automatic management of inventory.

What is most valuable?

We integrate with other products.

They keep expanding even for the cloud, and there are many plugins.

The biggest advantage of ServiceNow is the value that it brings.

What needs improvement?

They can expand on the plugins for some of the other tools.

In the next release, they can automate some of the workflows similar to what they have with TAM Pro.

With the integration, they can include some of the commonly used tools such as SCCM. They can benefit from bringing in other tools for their workflows.

We are hoping that they explore or leverage some of their existing tools such as Tanium for the purposes of discovery and monitoring.

I have used this solution in the last 12 months.

We are up-to-date with the latest versions, but it depends on what the clients prefer. We have Orlando and New York also.

It's stable. I have seen a few glitches, but not often. In general, it's pretty stable.

It's definitely scalable; you just have to add IP ranges and set it up.

Technical support is strong.

We have a technical account manager assigned to the product when we purchase it and then you can find support with a person. It is very diligent and it is pretty solid.

The initial setup is straightforward. It's not very complex, but there are a lot of dependencies for clients to set up their environments, such as IP ranges.

If they have a mature network architecture that is dependent on IP ranges then the setup will not be complex.

The value that they get from the product is good. Once you set it up, it's easily scalable and there's a large scope for automation and the product keeps expanding.

There are many licensing strategies. For example, discovery is based on the number of nodes or subscription units.

It's a bit expensive compared to other products in the market, but it's worth the money you pay because it's far advanced in terms of features, automation, and capabilities compared to other products.

The sentiment that we get from clients is that ServiceNow is expensive.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate ServiceNow an eight out of ten.

Paris
More ServiceNow Discovery reviews from users
...who compared it with BMC Patrol [EOL]
Learn what your peers think about ServiceNow Discovery. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
522,281 professionals have used our research since 2012.