ServiceNow Discovery Review

Great scripting features but some additional features for asset management are needed

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use this solution for three things: hardware asset management, software asset management, and IT service management.

Within our organization, there are 500 employees using this solution. We definitely plan to continue using this solution.

What is most valuable?

I find that the Discovery and scripting features are the most useful.

What needs improvement?

On the Software Asset Management part of it, I expect additional reconciliation and Discovery features there.

I have been using this solution for a year and a half.

ServiceNow Discovery is definitely stable.

ServiceNow Discovery is easy to scale. It's got different bolt-ons, so you can scale up or scale down, as you require.

I have raised tickets with them. I've not had to deal with them that much, but I've raised a few tickets when dealing with them, and they're quite good.

The is no installation process. There are plugins, but most of the product is in the cloud. That's the attraction. It's a SaaS product, so a lot of it's in the cloud.

There is a subscription for ServiceNow Discovery. It's expensive, but I think it's one of the best solutions on the market, so it's worth it.

What other advice do I have?

I would absolutely recommend ServiceNow Discovery to others. Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would give this solution a rating of seven.

Paris
More ServiceNow Discovery reviews from users
...who compared it with BMC Patrol [EOL]
Learn what your peers think about ServiceNow Discovery. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
510,882 professionals have used our research since 2012.