ServiceNow IT Business Management Review

Excellent solution for portfolio management that's user-friendly and easy to setup

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for project and portfolio management.

What is most valuable?

It's a good solution for portfolio management and to manage all the projects that you have with the client. It's easy to manage all the resources in projects as well as all the costs involved.

The interface is user-friendly. It's one of the most user-friendly on the market, and the most complete.

What needs improvement?

The cost could be improved. The solution is quite pricey.

The solution should have the capacity to integrate with the latest promotion of MES projects. Right now it's not working so well.

I've been using the solution for 20 years.

The solution is very stable. The availability of service is 99.9% at the moment. It's very, very, good.

The solution is very scalable.

I've worked with the technical support team of ServiceNow many times. In the market, it's one of the best support teams I have dealt with.  I worked with BMC, CA and other solutions as well and this solution offers a faster response for MEA issues. Others take much longer to respond. Resolving issues with them is very fast.

We looked at CA technologies, which were acquired by Broadcom, specifically CAPPM. Gardner had recorded that CAPPM was the leader in the market, but at the moment ServiceNow is more complete and more user-friendly.

The initial setup is straightforward. It's easy to implement. An average deployment takes about two months. CAPPM, in comparison, would take about four months.

All the processes of project management have to be very well defined. When these requirements aren't defined, we have to approach that first before we can implement the solution. It's very important for the success of deployment.

Compared to CA, ServiceNow is more expensive. When you pay for your licensing, you must also pay for an SLA.

What other advice do I have?

We use the hybrid cloud deployment model. We're integrators for the solution.

I'd rate the solution nine out of ten.

More ServiceNow IT Business Management reviews from users