ServiceNow Orchestration Review

Custom orchestration packs easily integrated; could benefit from improved efficiency of some features

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is for automation of tasks when dealing with Azure or Active Directory. It may be a password reset or a bleeding edge, adding users to a group community or changing something in Azure. It can also go to the next level of having the VM provisioning or creating a folder and giving the shared access suite. Those are the most frequently used cases. We're partners with ServiceNow and I'm the lead technical IT architect.

What is most valuable?

There are a lot of ready to use custom orchestration packs, which you can just do a drag and put it across any of your workflows. They're pretty good features.

What needs improvement?

When it comes to automation, to basic windows activity, there is room for adding some features. Even in the areas that relate to publishing there could be increased efficiency in areas such as helping with editing portals. Other areas where there might be improvement is in terms of handling specific sequence based activities. In these areas, ServiceNow could extend beyond Orchestration and come up with some bots of RPAs and all. We had a few use cases where we couldn't find solutions in Orchestration and had to go with the publishers to solve them.

I've been using this solution for three years.

I haven't had any issues with the stability.

Scalability of this solution is fine.

In general, technical support is good. Sometimes it can take a while to get the right support but, in general, they are good.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward although I am coming from the ServiceNow platform but I think it would be pretty simple for everyone.

ServiceNow is priced on the higher side. Everybody knows that but in terms of the gap between ITSM standard and ITSM flow the gap is so large that customers often say they want to go with a chat bot, a virtual agent. If they look at going to pro there is an additional $50 or $60 per user. I think they should offer some kind of subsidy for modules. If a user wants to use only the virtual agent that should be made available so the user doesn't have to pay the entire amount for getting the one functionality in the professional version. There were some extra costs involved for performance analytics which is not included as part of the standard edition.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend Orchestration if you're already on the ServiceNow platform. It makes no sense going with orchestration products other than ServiceNow. The solution has been greatly enhanced over the last couple of years and I think it's a good product now.

I would rate this solution a seven out of 10.

More ServiceNow Orchestration reviews from users
...who compared it with BMC TrueSight Orchestration
Find out what your peers are saying about ServiceNow, Nintex, BMC and others in Process Automation. Updated: June 2021.
509,570 professionals have used our research since 2012.