ServiceNow Review

Easy to integrate with other legacy systems and is constantly improving as a company

What is our primary use case?

IT Service Management

How has it helped my organization?

Agile framework is in place

What is most valuable?

It is very easy to integrate with other legacy systems. It's really easy to replace obligations. Each employee can develop their own workflow.

With ServiceNow, you can create your own APIs. It's very easy. This was something that I didn't expect from the tool. It's better than I expected.

It's easy to integrate. For instance, yesterday we closed the integration with SAP for the IP business management module to manage the forecast of projects. We created an interface between ServiceNow and SAP to control projects for accounting and on the forecast of the project. It was really easy. We don't have any problems with ServiceNow at the moment. As a company, they are improving constantly.

What needs improvement?

All the screens are similar. It's the same platform for everything and you need to familiarize yourself with it. In the past, you used to have one screen per application. Now, you have everything integrated into one. Everybody can manage the same screen and they need to navigate into the same screen as the Internet Explorer with a toolbar with the categories and look for the things you want to see or the models you want to use.

This is something that is a little different from a traditional way of work in Argentina when you have different applications, and now, in this case, you have it all in one. It's on the same screen with all the models in a toolbar which does impact me.

It's a new way of seeing things. In the past, you used to have a lot of publications. Now, in this case, you have the ability to have all in one. It's something new for a lot of people, and it's a change. That means we need to adapt to this change. For some people, it will not be easy.

I have been using ServiceNow for a year.

It is very stable.

SN has several releases by year. Each release has innovate features, and suitable components for solving previous issues detected or needs from a particular company that can be used for all...

They already have a plan for innovations that are adopting into the application constantly . It's really scalable  is mandatory to change the way or work for the company....The custumer must transform their way of work....they must change it...they need to convert firt their people to adopt Agile framework...SAFe....IT4IT   etc...., not only for tool perspective if not becasuse they need to convert and transform to a digital company. (ART's...Tribes, matrix structures...etc)

I am a consultant with a focus on guiding my clients through those transformation processes. I advise clients on how to use the product in the best way for them. In Argentina, I worked with medium-sized businesses.

There is first level support that is supposed to be managed by yourself. It is very easy. With the second level support, in some cases we need to talk directly with ServiceNow. They managed the online chat very easily, along with the ticket, the book, the chat, and so on. I would rate their support a nine out of ten.

The initial setup was easy. You can deploy all models together or model by model. You have different ways to work. You need to understand your customer's situations. The data is the most important part.

If you have a problem obtaining the data, the application will not function properly because you will not have all the functionalities at the right level.

The time it takes to deploy depends on the resources and the time you allocate to it, but if you put all the people, it can be done in seven months.

What other advice do I have?

Before you move forward with this kind of implementation, you need to make a cultural change in the organization to understand that the way you used to work is no longer a valid way to work and you need to work in an integrated way. If you do not adapt your mindset and make a real adoption of new and integrated methods, I would not recommend moving forward with the implementation of these kinds of solutions because it's totally integrated.

In the next release, I would like to see more Spanish options available.

I would rate ServiceNow a ten out of ten. I remember when was SAP created, it was the number one of the ERPs. ServiceNow will become the new SAP. The evolution of this solution will be constant, will grow continuously, and will be a product that every company would want to have.

Private Cloud
More ServiceNow reviews from users
...who compared it with Fujitsu RunMyProcess
Learn what your peers think about ServiceNow. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
511,773 professionals have used our research since 2012.