ServiceNow Review

I find it easy to use as well as easy to add plugins for new features

What is most valuable?

It's more about the ease of use of ServiceNow. Plus, everything is there in a single platform. If you need any additional functionality, you just need to enable the plugins without even installing anything on the servers. That's the most important thing. You don't have to completely restart the system itself as it is cloud-based so you just need to enable the plugin and then you're just ready to roll.

What needs improvement?

if I consider from the IT operations management side, ServiceNow is pretty premature on some things, especially the discovery, while the other tools like Micro Focus and BMC Remedy, those that have been in the market for quite some time. ServiceNow is evolving itself in the discovery piece of the future.

We have been using ServiceNow for more than six years. Every six months ServiceNow releases a new version. Every time we have to get ourselves certified to the new version, as well as go through different new features that ServiceNow releases. We are partners for ServiceNow. So actually, it's one of the KRS for us to make sure that we are certified with their latest release.

I would say in terms of stability, it is 90% stable. There are certain things which I've experienced with my other customers. So I was not happy with that. So that's the reason why I'm putting a 90% for the stability.

Scalability for ServiceNow is good. I would say 100%.

Documentation, I would say is not that good. I would say 80% in terms of the documentation. This is specifically from the IT operation. I cannot comment on the IT service management piece or the other parts of ServiceNow. In terms of the technical support, I would say 95% which is good.

I would definitely say that I recommend ServiceNow because I've also worked in the Micro Focus tools in the past for quite some time. When I compare it with ServiceNow it is not even close. I would say recommend ServiceNow as compared to the Micro Focus.

The setup of ServiceNow is very straightforward. You just have to raise a service request with them and they get it all setup with any plugins that you request for it. So far, I have not experienced any issues.

The pricing is very good compared to its competitors.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely say that I recommend ServiceNow because I've also worked in the Micro Focus tools in the past for quite some time. When I compare it with ServiceNow it is not even close. I would say recommend ServiceNow as compared to the Micro Focus.

Private Cloud

Other
More ServiceNow reviews from users
...who compared it with Fujitsu RunMyProcess
Learn what your peers think about ServiceNow. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
511,773 professionals have used our research since 2012.