ServiceNow Review

Good workflow capabilities that integrates well, helpful support, and priced well

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for handling help desk tickets and tasks.

What is most valuable?

I like the workflow functions that are available in ServiceNow and the ability to actually integrate all of the information that you have such as travel tickets or assignment tickets for your team, onto your dashboard, depending on your setup, or if you create a ticket and a dashboard for your team.

When you update them in one place, it will show you updates in other places.

I like that functionality.

ServiceNow has more capability and the ability to integrate other solutions such as Excel or tables.

You can put information in or export it out quickly, which is very useful when you have weekly or monthly reports.

What needs improvement?

When it comes to changing some of the features, I would like a little more leeway.

This may not apply to every version but there are certain capabilities that you have to specifically order a la carte in order for the developers or your administrators to have access.

Having more integration without having to pay the a la carte, otherwise, you have to put in a ticket and have it approved, and if not you have to find a workaround for the solution.

I have been working with ServiceNow for five years.

We are using the most up-to-date version.

I definitely like the scalability, because if you have a small company or if you have a large enterprise, It allows you to tailor it.

The scalability of it is very good and putting it on the server, makes it very useful.

Their technical support was overall helpful.

A lot of it ended up actually being directed to the administration. ServiceNow developers and any support issues primarily go to them.

When I was researching to implement ServiceNow for another group, I contacted technical support and they were extremely helpful.

They set up meetings and were willing to talk through everything, to help us meet or help answer questions for our stakeholders.

It was very easy to set up. It was very easy to make sure things were activated.

Once you get the base up, it's easy to start to build out.

There are templates that are available, and you also have the ability to create your own.

It's very quick to implement.

The cost is the only area that I have never been privy to.

I know that the price is not too bad because people continue to use it and they are happy to renew their contract. But I've never been given the actual cost of it.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend that they have a meeting with their salesperson and go through the demo that they offer. I also recommend that they have their administrators or the people that are going to use it, sign up for the ServiceNow training that they offer.

Those are the two things that I definitely recommend before they use it. Other than that, it's really integrated.

I still have my ServiceNow login where I can go to a test site and test things out before we put them into real production.

I would rate ServiceNow an eight out of ten.

More ServiceNow reviews from users
...who compared it with Fujitsu RunMyProcess
Learn what your peers think about ServiceNow. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
513,091 professionals have used our research since 2012.