ServiceNow Review

Scaling is nicely done, we've been integrating with other companies as well.

Valuable Features

I would say everything. A customer can call the service desk and the service desk can create the incident and set the incident task to whoever it has to go to and the change is a huge process in our system. In our company, we have the change process that are properly done, so going into ServiceNow it improved the process even more. The change, changed task, and under release, are in the same module. We have a ton of catalogs items we have put in and people have been using it. We do the tasks automatically through Workflow, so it works very well.

We also did the facility module when we went with the Eureka and facilities team is using it as well. They have tremendously improved their process because they have been doing handwriting before, so switching into ServiceNow they were able to make a lot of improvement.

Room for Improvement

I think that ServiceNow needs to think about implementing an enterprise solution for licensing because it's going to become too pricey and not sustainable from a corporate perspective. We are not using HR, BPM management, or DRC. I would like to have those and talk to a company at high levels so they can see better, and they can get into those modules as well.

For ServiceNow itself, they're doing more every year, even now, they're doing Android, iPhone and Watch, so they should keep doing more things every year.

Use of Solution

I have been using ServiceNow since August 2014.

There was an outage at the ServiceNow data center servers, especially on the eastern site. I don't know about all the other data centers, but our data center recently had an outage for at least 15 minutes. Two weeks later we found out about it through some other call, not to the engineer and it was not notified anywhere on the system. I thought ServiceNow would have send out an e-mail or put something on the page saying that the ServiceNow in the data center is out.

I would say it's nicely done and we have been using it for our other processes and integrating with other companies as well.

They are doing very well. We have two process. One from the self-service page, the self service page, you can do automatically to the incident or they can call in to the service desk and they can do that manually for them.

We were using HP Service Manager before and even before that I think we had used Heat. I don't know whether there were any other competitors or not, as this was selected by the stakeholders in our company, so I don't know what they considered.

Other Advice

I would recommend it and I love this tool. Anything that I think of, the tool can do. The one thing that we were looking for was HR and procurement management. They were looking for the document management and red lines. You can do the documents attached to it, but they cannot do the document itself, like a template or something I believe they are doing the that in Helsinki.

3 Comments
Jeevan ChaukarConsultantTOP 5LEADERBOARD

Hi,
A nice review. I am interested in knowing how practically good is the Service Impact Management kind of capabilities of S-Now? I haven't had in-depth look at S-Now hence this question. E.g. let us say a specific network router is going down then which machines will be impacted, which users may be impacted etc. To what level service is impacted and so on.

Regards,
Jeevan

12 August 16
Tech Lead at a tech services company with 10,001+ employeesConsultant

Hi Jeevan
ServiceNow handles this using Business Service Management Maps (BSM). These show graphical representation of business services. A business service comprises of multiple CIs. ServiceNow has provision to set weighted impact to the CIs of business service. For eg. Consider a Business Service - Email Service. For this if Anti-Virus is down then Business Service is impacted but not unavailable. But if Email Engine is down the entire Business Service is unavailable. This is graphically represented using BSM Maps where each CIs can be assigned a weighted impact as the role it plays in the bigger service delivery picture.
You will find detail in this wiki page

You should also look for wiki artickes and videos on Event Management. As the answer to your query roots from the core of Event Management.

Hope this gives some clarity.

Thanks
Waseem

13 August 16
EileenVendor

Hi Jeevan,
If you are interested in a demo of ServiceNow you can access check this link: http://www.servicenow.com/lpdem/demonow.html

I would also recommend asking any questions you may have on the ServiceNow Community. https://community.servicenow.com/welcome.

Just let me know if you have any additional questions, I'd be happy to point you in the right direction.

Thanks,