ServiceNow Security Operations Review

Available over the cloud, doesn't require much physical infrastructure and easy to manage

What is most valuable?

The solution is available over the cloud and is easy to manage.

A customer doesn't require much hardware infrastructure. There's virtual infrastructure on the cloud. Compared to in-house solutions and the maintenance required, it's quite good.

What needs improvement?

The solution needs to make customization easier. You cannot do much customization immediately. It requires an extensive workload. If the customization process was user-friendly, it would be much better.

I've been using the solution for two years.

The stability is okay, but it depends on the performance and how the user is interacting with the user login and the latency.

Scalability has to be designed and decided before implementation. It depends on how much infrastructure the client wants to invest in and their future plans. These have to be taken into consideration prior to implementation so that the sizing will be correct.

Technical support is okay, but it takes a while to get issues resolved after submitting them or to get them to the next level because the initial support level isn't so technical in their knowledge.

The initial setup has a moderate level of difficulty. It's not simple, but it's not overly complex.

We're a consulting firm; we're experienced with the solution, so for us, setups are pretty straightforward and we handle them for the client.

The pricing in the industry is competitive. There are multiple vendors with the same enterprise-level solutions. Initially, the pricing was okay, but we can see they are starting to increase their pricing, however, in comparison to other effective solutions, it's fine. There may be other costs above the licensing fee as well.

What other advice do I have?

We use the on-premises deployment model.

I'd rate the solution nine out of ten. It would help to offer global infrastructure monitoring. It doesn't give much visibility on the satellite or other infrastructure monitoring such as monitoring of servers, and applications, etc.