SevOne Review

It provides granularity of data, fast response time, a quick display, and requires less manual intervention.

What is most valuable?

• It provides accurate data, which is critical.
  • I also like the very quick reporting, as I can pull up graphs and charts very quickly.
  • Real time reporting – one-minute polling, as opposed to fifteen-minute polling, so that’s fifteen times better. If we had better equipment I think we could do it even quicker.

How has it helped my organization?

With previous platforms we had to manually add and remove devices. With this solution, it's all automatic – all auto discovery and deletion, which is amazing. It gives us visibility that we didn’t have before.

What needs improvement?

I can't think of anything as they have been very good to us, though it’s a little bit expensive. You could pay three times and get junk, or pay just once and get something good.

I've been using it since 2012.

No, actually it was really quick, and the only issues were from our own internal teams. We would have had it deployed in a month-and-a-half without those hurdles, but it took six months, which is not bad either.

It's been rock solid.

We still have the original server form and we have not had to install much additional hardware, except just to add teams to the server.

It's really good.

We're on a first name basis with all our support guys. We have gone to Delaware and Boston to visit them; they are good people.

We previously used HP OVPI and we switched because the granularity of data, faster response time, quicker display, the tool was cheaper as well, and required less manual intervention.

It was pretty straightforward.

We implemented with a vendor team – those guys know their stuff. They are one of the reasons we chose the product.

We evaluated EMC Watch4net and InfoVista. There were even more – maybe a good seven other vendors we looked at.

What other advice do I have?

You have to know what you're looking for – we knew exactly what we were looking for and basically if you know that it's much easier to find a solution that meets your needs. Stick to your guns – don’t settle. We did not settle.