SevOne Review

What is most valuable?

It's given us the ability to create various real-time network performance reports and distribute them to any colleague who can access these reports immediately. They can access them any time without needing their own user account to the system.

How has it helped my organization?

• SevOne threshold monitoring alerts help to improve our network monitoring.
  • Procedures in troubleshooting were built on predefined SevOne reports.

What needs improvement?

Single device-based baseline monitoring works well in SevOne, but sometimes device independent base-lining in redundant network environments. Software upgrades can be tricky is not easy.

I've used it for five years.

The software upgrades can be tricky.

The appliances run quite stable.

Scalability is just a matter of adding new appliances to the cluster if needed.

They have good customer service.

Technical support is very professional and fast in developing solutions.

We chose it because it has a fast working reporting engine and because of the scalability of the solution.

The set-up of the basic monitoring is straightforward, but customizing for special needs, such as calculation pollers, takes some effort.

The implementation was performed by a vendor team together with an internal one. The vendor had a high-level of expertise.

It's provided us with improvements in network monitoring and troubleshooting as well as advanced reporting solutions payback.

The SevOne tool was convincing from the beginning, and after testing it there was no need to test anything else.

What other advice do I have?

By default the tool provides a lot, you need to focus on your needs, adding something else later is usually no problem.