SharePoint Designer Review

A solution with great workflow and good stability but it needs more web-based publishing

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution as our internet and extranet platform and for our software.

What is most valuable?

The workflow is the solution's most valuable feature.

What needs improvement?

We work mostly with documentation and we'd like to have  it be more of a web-based. Right now, our product, our system is only set up for PDF and we're looking for a better web-based solution for our documentation.

The solution requires more web-based publishing. It would benefit from adding in more collaboration features as well.

I've been using the solution for at least seven years.

The solution is stable.

The scalability is a little bit complex. We do have a lot of issues with scalability. It's not everything we hoped for.

We go through our own IT department, so we don't deal with technical support directly.

I'm not aware of our organization using a different solution. We've always used SharePoint Designer.

For our organization, it was quite complex. We have different departments in our group that require different access, which added a layer of complexity for us. The deployment took about a year.

What other advice do I have?

We use the on-premises deployment model.

A lot of planning is necessary before deciding on a final solution or a final architecture. Planning is very important prior to implementation.

I'd rate the solution seven out of ten.