SharePoint Review

Works on any device, any place and anywhere for everyone. Synchronization of files in OneDrive can take some time.

What is most valuable?

The feature that it works on any device, any place and anywhere for everyone.

How has it helped my organization?

Microsoft Office 365 has provided us many ways to share documents across a diversity of platforms with a diversity of people (both inside and outside our company).

What needs improvement?

Synchronization of files in OneDrive can take some time which can ‘annoy’ some users.

At my current company we are using it one year, personally I’ve been using Microsoft Office 365 around 3 years

Since we came from a Small Business Server the Exchange migration is a minor point of attention. There is no mailbox by mailbox migration, but only a cut-over migration. Furthermore we had some issues with MacBook users and their Office settings. Also we encountered some issues with mail not arriving correctly. This was NOT caused by Microsoft Office 365. A support partner had hardcoded settings which were not communicated. Once we deleted these hardcoded settings, the problems were solved within one hour.

There are no issues with stability.

There are no issues with scalability.

Customer Service: The level of customer service could be better, but it all depends on the person in the other side.Technical Support: The level of technical support could be better, but it all depends on the person in the other side.

We had a Small Business Server environment which has a cap in the user environment. Since we grew out of the number of users, we had to change. Microsoft Office 365 was the fastest and most powerful way for both short and long term vision.

It was straightforward, since the migration wizard provided by Microsoft is a good wizard for the environment we have.

We did an in-house implementation.

What other advice do I have?

Take a good look at what your customers wants and needs are before choosing any other product than what you’re currently using. This will make implementation and migration easier and also makes it easier for people to change to a new platform. With Microsoft Office 365 things changed radically in our environment, which had its effect on the day-to-day business, although none which couldn’t be resolved, but a good discovery and inventory before making choices is the better option.

1 visitor found this review helpful
1 Comment

author avatar

OneDrive Enterprise just doesn't work; I use it on 2 laptops running W7 and Office 2013, and it is a pure disaster. Synchronization problems everyday, Office file cache troubles, error messages that no business user could understand.
Regarding administration issues, don't try to know who is sharing what, who is using what volume of storage, O365 only provides useless reports.
MS support service said : we have no solution for you, we get the same problems, we are waiting for a new version that would work....
in 2000 years, we had Groove, a smart tool for collaboration that was perfectly working on slow wan using modems, MS bought Groove and transformed it in a big bug. A pure disaster.
If you can, use something else.