What is most valuable?
There are a lot of valuable features (e.g., ease of use, collaboration, integration with LDAP, security, accessibility, stability, etc.).
Integration with LDAP is valuable because:
- Access to all files is secured and controlled via the roles & permissions that are sitting in LDAP for each user. This saves time and effort in determining who should have access to what, how and where.
- Access level in terms of editing capabilities can be controlled easily, too.
- Advanced reporting: Tracking who accessed what, how and when, recording the details, including all successful access and all denied attempts.
- Made multiple-factor authentication possible· Password synchronization, password recovery, SSO (single sign-on)
How has it helped my organization?
It provides a common place to communicate and collaborate, common repository of documents, etc.
What needs improvement?
- Data and use analysis
- Load balancing
- Common theme
- Better editing tools: The editing tools are still not up to par with all the existing hi-tech & GUI editing tools:
- To name a few: Real-time trapping, dynamic previews, auto-theme regeneration, animation features, 3D features, color grading & saturation, real-time snapshot replication & deduplication, multi-platform and software language adoptability, file-level security & encryption feature, content security capability
- Hardware Limitations: Responsiveness to multi-gesture input devices (similar to the ones used in the Iron Man movies or the Minority Report), robotic assistance (thumb print, eye retina scan, voice recognition, etc.)
- WCAG: auto-accessibility compliance capability & assistance
I have seen bits & pieces of these features from different software companies, but none have actually put them all together, yet.
One day – someday – with the fast developments in technology, the best is still to come.
For how long have I used the solution?
I have used it for 14+ years.
What do I think about the stability of the solution?
I have not encountered any stability issues; very reliable.
What do I think about the scalability of the solution?
I have encountered scalability issues, but only due to a physical server. With virtual server architecture, this can be resolved easily.
How are customer service and technical support?
From Microsoft, technical support is very good – but rarely needed.
Which solution did I use previously and why did I switch?
I previously used a different solution; switched because of ease of use and deployment.
How was the initial setup?
Initial setup was straightforward; some steps are implied for an experienced IT tech.
What's my experience with pricing, setup cost, and licensing?
We got this through the California Foundation for Community Colleges; a four-site license.
Which other solutions did I evaluate?
Before choosing this product, we evaluated an in-house solution.
What other advice do I have?
Disclosure: I am a real user, and this review is based on my own experience and opinions.
Oct 09 2016