What is most valuable?
The key features in this product are:
- Use of list functionality
- The ability to easily modify the default screen on a new Web site
- The ability to quickly create and modify subsites
- The ability to create unique access rights to the subsites
How has it helped my organization?
We use the list functionality within SharePoint to create integrated test scripts. This has allowed us to have a Web solution for running integrated test scripts across multiple applications, along with multiple testing resources in numerous physical locations.
What needs improvement?
The product can be improved in the following aspects:
- In order to put certain customizations in place requires the downloading and installation of SharePoint Designer 2013. For large organizations where security has the majority of devices locked down, downloading and installing applications is not a simple process. It would be nice if some of the SharePoint Designer functionality could be baked in/part of the edit page functionality.
- The reporting functionality needs improvement, to combine multiple lists (for the most part) requires a solution outside of SharePoint. It would be great if there was an option to combine lists that have the exact same layout (fields and order of fields) so that the combined lists could be summarized and reported on.
For how long have I used the solution?
I have used SharePoint for a total of 14 years; 11 years with my current employer.
What do I think about the stability of the solution?
Mostly, we have not encountered any stability issues.
What do I think about the scalability of the solution?
I have not encountered any scalability issues.
How is customer service and technical support?
I cannot comment as I simply use Google to find answers for technical issues.
How was the initial setup?
The initial setup process was fairly straightforward.
What other advice do I have?
My advice is to not hesitate; just plunge in and implement SharePoint.
Which version of this solution are you currently using?