Microsoft 400x400

SharePoint Review
We use the list functionality to create integrated test scripts. It provides a Web solution for running integrated test scripts across multiple applications.

Valuable Features:

The key features in this product are:

• Use of list functionality
  • The ability to easily modify the default screen on a new Web site
  • The ability to quickly create and modify subsites
  • The ability to create unique access rights to the subsites

Improvements to My Organization:

We use the list functionality within SharePoint to create integrated test scripts. This has allowed us to have a Web solution for running integrated test scripts across multiple applications, along with multiple testing resources in numerous physical locations.

Room for Improvement:

The product can be improved in the following aspects:

• Some of the conditional shading cannot be readily performed with “out of the box” functionality.
  • Creating calculated fields with dynamic dropdown values are also not easily created with “out of the box” functionality.
  • The reporting functionality needs improvement, meaning the ability to pull out multiple similar lists into one report (within SharePoint) is not really feasible.

Use of Solution:

I have used SharePoint for a total of 14 years; 11 years with my current employer.

Stability Issues:

Mostly, we have not encountered any stability issues.

Scalability Issues:

I have not encountered any scalability issues.

I cannot comment as I simply use Google to find answers for technical issues.

Initial Setup:

The initial setup process was fairly straightforward.

Other Advice:

My advice is to not hesitate; just plunge in and implement SharePoint.

0 Comments

Have A Question About SharePoint?

Our experts can help. 203,620 professionals have used our research on 5,518 solutions.