Microsoft 400x400

SharePoint Review
We use the list functionality to create integrated test scripts. It provides a Web solution for running integrated test scripts across multiple applications.

Valuable Features

The key features in this product are:

• Use of list functionality
  • The ability to easily modify the default screen on a new Web site
  • The ability to quickly create and modify subsites
  • The ability to create unique access rights to the subsites

Improvements to My Organization

We use the list functionality within SharePoint to create integrated test scripts. This has allowed us to have a Web solution for running integrated test scripts across multiple applications, along with multiple testing resources in numerous physical locations.

Room for Improvement

The product can be improved in the following aspects:

• In order to put certain customizations in place requires the downloading and installation of SharePoint Designer 2013. For large organizations where security has the majority of devices locked down, downloading and installing applications is not a simple process. It would be nice if some of the SharePoint Designer functionality could be baked in/part of the edit page functionality.
  • The reporting functionality needs improvement, to combine multiple lists (for the most part) requires a solution outside of SharePoint. It would be great if there was an option to combine lists that have the exact same layout (fields and order of fields) so that the combined lists could be summarized and reported on.

Use of Solution

I have used SharePoint for a total of 14 years; 11 years with my current employer.

Mostly, we have not encountered any stability issues.

I have not encountered any scalability issues.

I cannot comment as I simply use Google to find answers for technical issues.

The initial setup process was fairly straightforward.

Other Advice

My advice is to not hesitate; just plunge in and implement SharePoint.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About SharePoint?

Our experts can help. 242,593 professionals have used our research on 5,991 solutions.