SharePoint Review

We use it use as a platform to run our day-to-Day operational processes. We are unable to use it to archive data and run queries to generate hindsight information.

What is most valuable?

Lists, documents, wiki pages and being able to create sites/subsites are valuable features.

How has it helped my organization?

The fact that our operational process improvement initiatives continue to be assigned on a lower priority in our portfolio management, it has given rise to the use of SharePoint as a platform to run its day-to-day operational processes. Specifically, we moved away from using MS OneNote.

What needs improvement?

It has its limitations. We are unable to use this tool to "archive" data and run queries to generate hindsight information.

I have been using this solution since 2011.

I have not encountered any stability issues.

I did experience some scalability issues; this could be more because of trying to use SharePoint as a BI tool, which it is not designed for.

As it is internal, there is some knowledge that they are unaware of which makes it necessary for me to go check with third party sites (such as wikis) for answers.

Initially, we were MS OneNote.

All I did was request for a site to be created and then the rest of the configuration was up to me.

I am not involved with the purchasing decisions.

What other advice do I have?

There are some features that I am looking for and that I am unable to find, for example creating nested IF functions.