SharePoint Review

I like the way we can create the views of documents and create column metadata. The mobile experience is wanting.

What is most valuable?

• Document management and permissions: For the document management functionality, I really like the way that we can create the views of documents and very easily create column metadata.
  • The flexibility of document sets and being able to manage access with permissions
  • The permissions functionality is outstanding. There is the ability to have group or individual permissions. The complete granularity of being able to apply permissions at collection, site, library, list, folder, and doc set levels give ultimate flexibility.

How has it helped my organization?

It has completely replaced our Intranet and provides a great central storage area that is far more accessible than traditional shared folders on file and print servers.

What needs improvement?

As we are still on an older version, it is difficult to answer this. Primarily, the mobile experience is wanting in SharePoint 2010.

I have used SharePoint for five years.

We did not have any stability problems.

We did not have any scalability problems.

Technical support is good.

Our previous system was shared folders and file and print servers.

I was not involved in the decision.

What other advice do I have?

Office 365 and SharePoint online is the way moving forward. Integrating it with Yammer and Office 365 groups provides a much greater feature set than SharePoint alone.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We're enterprise partners.