Microsoft 400x400

SharePoint Review
The developers and project stakeholders can share information in the form of documents/Updates. Migrating SharePoint sites can be a cumbersome process.

Valuable Features:

I have used SharePoint as an integrated solution with Team Foundation Server.

The most valuable features are the SharePoint lists and the documents feature.

Improvements to My Organization:

SharePoint integrates well with the Team Foundation Server and provides collaboration features for team members on a TFS Team Project. This has helped developers and project stakeholders in the organization to collaborate better and share information in the form of documents/updates.

Room for Improvement:

Migrating SharePoint sites can be a cumbersome process and it usually results in the incomplete migration of SharePoint sites and data.

Use of Solution:

I have used SharePoint for three years, mostly as an integrated solution with the Team Foundation Server.

Stability Issues:

The product is quite stable.

Scalability Issues:

The product is scalable.

Previous Solutions:

We were not using any other solution.

Initial Setup:

The setup and installation are straightforward. Microsoft provides a good installation wizard for the same.

Cost and Licensing Advice:

I was not involved in the pricing and licensing activities.

Other Solutions Considered:

As both the Team Foundation Server and SharePoint are Microsoft products, they can be easily integrated. Thus, we did not evaluate other options.

Other Advice:

SharePoint works very well within a Microsoft ecosystem. Hence, SharePoint would be a good choice if the organization uses the Microsoft technology stack extensively.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About SharePoint?

Our experts can help. 233,815 professionals have used our research on 5,900 solutions.