SharePoint Review

Workflows transformed our paper processes into digitized and faster processes. Document libraries lack flexibility.

What is most valuable?

The ability to create workflows.

How has it helped my organization?

Using the workflow as an example, it has helped to transform the conventional paperwork processes into digitized and faster processes.

What needs improvement?

Document libraries. At the moment, they still lack the flexibility you get in conventional Windows file systems. However, it has lots of features that make it a good replacement.

I have used SharePoint for two years.

The fact that it relies on the Internet and runs in a browser means it is bound to have performance issues.

I didn't encounter any issues with scalability. What I do know is that, when this is required, you will need the right skilled IT specialist to make the change. Often the right skilled specialists are not easy to find.

Microsoft provides both online and phone support. Phone support depends on the plan you are subscribed to.

We did not have a previous solution.

The initial setup is a simple process. However, planning requires more time in order to gather user requirements.

Setup an initial trial account with a pilot group to ascertain what is best for your environment.

We didn’t look at other options.

What other advice do I have?

If your users are already familiar with an existing Windows product such as Office applications, you won't regret jumping in.