Microsoft 400x400

SharePoint Review
Among the most useful features are the site permissions and the social enterprise features.

Valuable Features:

Among the most useful features I like are: the site permissions (distributed governance model), the social enterprise features (micro blogs, activity feeds, community sites, Following, Likes and Reputations), app store, search and query, external data access, security, site management and site customizations.

Improvements to My Organization:

It's been a process-improvement catalyst in the sense that it enabled and empowered real-time collaboration and dashboard tracking of business intelligence reports and performance analytics. It's certainly reduced the number of hours needed to create, update and maintain worksheets and forms hosted on legacy systems, databases and it also reduced overhead on obsolete file repositories.

Room for Improvement:

Well, for SharePoint Online, the add-on features which are free tend to expire within a month or earlier. It would be great if these free add-on features would last longer or last permanently.

Use of Solution:

I have been using SharePoint since 2012.

Deployment Issues:

We have not encountered any deployment issues, fortunately.

Stability Issues:

We have not encountered any stability issues.

Scalability Issues:

We have not encountered any scalability issues.

The customer service I would rate a 3.5 out of 5 (5 being highest); responsive, timely, proactive.

The tech support I would rate a 3.5 out of 5 (5 being highest); responsive, strategic, proactive and precise.

Previous Solutions:

We used an open-source CMS (Joomla-based) and due to the limitations, we switched to SharePoint.

Initial Setup:

Very straightforward setup and not that complex.

Implementation Team:

We used our in-house support team to deliver the implementation.

ROI:

Not sure about ROI.

Cost and Licensing Advice:

Do your due diligence first and conduct an in-depth discovery session with stakeholders prior to designing your solution that uses SharePoint as a platform

Other Solutions Considered:

We evaluated Alfresco and Confluence, and then decided on SharePoint.

Other Advice:

Ease of use, ease of setup, ease of administration, ease of configuration, ease of customization... what's not to like? SharePoint's got exactly what you need. Just don't expect too many frills, bells, whistles in terms of UI, but even then, it gets the job done.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About SharePoint?

Our experts can help. 222,213 professionals have used our research on 5,674 solutions.