SharePoint Review

Information is now available instantly to managers on all devices

What is our primary use case?

Majority of our employees (around 800) all have Office 365 E3 Enterprise licences. Using at first purely email and Skype, we have now created a SharePoint Intranet and all users now use OneDrive.

Teams are now being linked to SharePoint document libraries and embraced by many of our departments. Yammer is now the centre communication tool for company-wide information. We are starting to find the benefits of Power BI, Forms, and Stream.

How has it helped my organization?

It has allowed improved auditing and opened up the cloud. Considerable in-house savings. We are able to add IRM and DLP to company information. This has made the auditors happy.

We have given users a common platform and increased reporting. Information is now available instantly to managers on all devices.

What is most valuable?

The ability to take Excel files and make them dynamic SharePoint lists with instant reporting capabilities has been a major benefit. Teams are now heavily used in how all our departments work.

Skype/Teams are now the main way our company communicates internally. OneDrive and SharePoint provide a secure, fully auditable way of storing information.

What needs improvement?

You still need a bit of expertise to add branding. It is still important to have Super Users to keep moving sites forward.

The company needs to make sure that their policies are dictating how information is stored and used, instead of letting SharePoint take control.

Annoyingly, many new Office 365 apps always end up being only US locale for the first year of their life. Microsoft needs to realise that most of their customers are not in the USA.

More than five years.