Shopify Review

Easy to use, good support, and it will yield a high rate of return

What is our primary use case?

I have my own group of Shopify developers and we create Shopify stores for our clients. We also handle maintenance, fix bugs, and do whatever it is that they need.

I have a partner account, which enables me to create the stores for my clients.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the core structure and backend structure. Our clients are easily able to manage their sites at the backend. Shopify provides an easy to use service at the backend that includes product upload, customer service, team settings, and team customization. It is all very easy to handle.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see a new feature that supports the sale of wholesale goods. I have many clients that want to sell their products to the wholesale market, and Shopify currently does not have that kind of feature. In order to support this, we have to do custom coding.

The response time by technical support is sometimes delayed and is an area that can be improved. Sometimes we get a full response in a day or two, whereas, at other times, it takes five days.

I have been working with Shopify for three years.

Shopify is always available. I'm using a premium package that they provide and there are no bugs. If we do any customization then there won't be any major problem.

Scalability is very good.

There have been times where we contacted technical support because something was not working as we wanted, so we needed to know what was happening. The support is very good. They will take time to give a response, but eventually, they will give proper answers and, overall, I am satisfied with the support.

I only know Shopify and have not worked with other solutions such as WordPress or Magento.

The initial setup is really straightforward.

When I create a store from my partner account, there is a button press that begins the process. From there, I need to enter a few details that include the physical address of the client, their name, and the business name. Then, the store is ready and you can upload anything you want.

It is very simple and it can all be done within about ten minutes.

After the initial setup, the length of time required for customization depends on how many pages they want, what the design is like, and what the requirements are. If the design is complex then it may take a month, whereas if the design is simple then it will be ready in two or three weeks.

I do not follow a specific design strategy. I'll ask my client what they need and they will give me a specific document or design if they have it, and a feature function list. I'll read the documents and then provide a timeline and a quote. It comes down to them telling me what they need and I'll give them what they want.

This is a product that will give you your money's worth. If a client takes their store seriously and does their marketing then Shopify will give them a high rate of return.

If you create a store directly from Shopify then you will receive a 14-day trial period. After that, you will need to purchase a plan. However, if I create it from my partner account then you will get an unlimited trial period. Then, once the store is complete, you need to purchase a plan.

They have various plans including ones that are priced at $29 per month, $79 per month, and can go up to $300 per month.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is considering Shopify is not to hesitate. It is the best solution and I suggest implementing it. The biggest lesson that I have learned from using it is that it is simple to use and there is no complexity.

I think that Shopify is the number one e-commerce platform. In my opinion, it is the best choice for e-commerce sites. That said, no service is perfect.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

More Shopify reviews from users