Shopify Review

​The user friendliness in implementing a website with eCommerce functionality is good.

Valuable Features

The user friendliness in implementing a website with eCommerce functionality including both shopping cart and merchant services working within five minutes. Affordable and painless to have almost immediate implementation.

Improvements to My Organization

As a management consultant, my role is to recommend solutions that supersede my preferences with the intent to serve my clients best. This tool objectively addresses most eCommerce business needs and with their app store and developers can even support customized functionality.

Room for Improvement

The formatting within the user interface has its limitations. Navigating those without coding knowledge (which is the type of user the tool is designed for) can be frustrating for some.

Use of Solution

I've used it for four years.

It's one of the easiest tools to deploy and get up and running.

In earlier years, the solution would have down times but I would say in the past year, maybe it's once or twice a year with a way to check status real time and issues fixed typically within an hour or less.

The solution includes unlimited bandwidth.

Excellent. 24/7 support accessible by phone, chat or email and consistently helpful.

I have not used a different solution. Many hours were spent researching and assessing my options before I began using and learning the intricacies of Shopify.

Getting a website live was pretty straightforward and their customer support documentation outlining steps for things like migrating your domain is well scripted.

Implementation Team

I implemented the tool myself.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

Set-up cost - $0. Plans are $29/month to $79/month unless you get the big one. They have transaction fees varying by plan, but roughly at 2.8% or less. Any additional costs would come from apps available for additional functionality. These apps are quite affordable and can provide a lot of value for the cost if you do your homework first.

Other Solutions Considered

• GoDaddy
  • Volusion
  • BigCommerce
  • WordPress/WooCommerce

Other Advice

Unless your needs are quite complex, this is the most affordable and immediate solution to taking your online business live without developer help.

With any business, if you take the time to understand the difference between what you need to have and what you want to have, it will help you make better decisions serving your short and long-term goals while balancing cash-flow.