Siebel Review

This product has allowed us to disambiguate customers and manage the multiple source records.

Valuable Features

• Linkage to D&B data
  • Merging of customer records

Improvements to My Organization

This product has allowed us to disambiguate customers and manage the multiple source records that make up that customer record.

Room for Improvement

Honestly, Elsevier had many challenges around the implementation of customer MDM, but this product did not contribute to those challenges.

Use of Solution

I've used it for four years.

There were issues, mostly due to the lack of capability of the implementation partner who delivered the solution.

I have always found the Oracle staff very responsive and supportive of any of my questions.

It was complex beyond necessity due to the inability of the implementation partner.

Implementation Team

Implementation was through a vendor team. Any implementation team needs to be at least 25% internal development (not management) resources.

Other Solutions Considered

No, this product was available to Elsevier because of a master agreement between Elsevier and Oracle.

Other Advice

I found that this product had the ability to meet our business needs. During my tenure at Elsevier we were unable to leverage the full potential of this product, but based on the features I am aware of, this product is robust and flexible.

It requires a solid flexible integration strategy.