Siebel Review

We're able to customize the business rules with code and to integrate it with middleware applications to manage the rules externally. The interactions with social networks can’t be managed with it.

What is most valuable?

Siebel's most valuable feature is the web interface. As far as CRM's go, it's a very flexible solution, and we're able to customize the business rules with code and to integrate it with middleware applications to manage the rules externally. In our case, we've integrated all our BSS and OSS applications with Siebel using TIBCO v5.6.

The application itself contains complete functionalities needed to manage the interactions with clients -- quotes, opportunities, and offers. Also, we can register the interactions with our clients.

We have another instance of Siebel CRM (7.8) and in that case we have integrated also with Tibco BW 5.9 and we are currently using other products from Tibco for developing the BPM processes related (Tibco iDecisions as BPM).

How has it helped my organization?

We manage all of our client records and interactions currently with Siebel. We generate within Siebel all of our provisioning and billing orders and send it through our middleware to our billing and provisioning applications, as I mentioned above, we use mainly Tibco BW as our middleware platform.

What needs improvement?

The interactions with social networks can’t be managed with this application, so we can’t consolidate all our interactions in one place, so you can integrate an Omnichannel solution to cover that missing feature.

I've been using it for 11 years.

We've been able to configure Siebel with practically no issues, but you have to have your servers well tunned to avoid any issued.

The key is to have a good team of experts.

We have had no issues with the stability.

There have been no issues scaling it.

7/10

7/10

We used a legacy application that we developed internally. We migrated to Siebel because the number of clients started to grow and we needed to scale our CRM capabilities and to cover the growing needs.

There was a problem during the initial setup, but it was more related with the customization and integration with other applications. Because we had to create all the interfaces, we didn’t have preloaded integrations in the product.

We did it in-house, but I was a lot of effort (about two years) to have the first implementation.

Pricing is very high.

What other advice do I have?

Evaluate the size of your company. Siebel is for big enterprises because it’s not cheap.

Use a partner to do the implementation or use Oracle Services to be sure that you are implementing it with the best practices and to minimize the effort to upgrade the product in the future.

Try not to customize a lot the product, try to use it as vanilla as posible, it will cost you more to upgrade it in the future if you customize a lot.