Signavio Process Intelligence Review

Has good connection and integration between all of its capabilities and offers real-time data-based insights

What is our primary use case?

We use the whole Signavio Business Transformation Suite. That means Process
Manager including the simulation function and DMN (Decision Model and Notation),
Collaboration Hub, Process Intelligence, Workflow Accelerator – basically we use
everything.

What is most valuable?

The product's best feature is the connection and integration between all of the
capabilities. I would say it has several very strong features like the Process Editor,
the Collaboration Hub, and Process Intelligence.

What needs improvement?

The challenge for a solution that utilizes modeling notations, is that the look and feel
of the models (e.g. in BPMN) is pre-defined. To lead a successful Process
Management initiative, I need the solution to look and feel great. I like the new
feature of Navigation Maps a lot. But Signavio should take this approach further, to
allow me to easily create an environment for our people that they want to use on a
daily basis.

The product is very stable. We are pushing with our customer success manager for
continuous improvements of the solution.

Currently, we don't see any issues with the potential for scalability.

We have a strategic partnership — not only technical support or consulting product
support. That means that every time we put in a request for support there is a higher
prioritization for our issue. We are a fast-growing company, so we cannot wait for a
couple of months to fix an issue that is critical to our operations. If we call and ask for
support, we normally get this support as soon as possible.

The initial setup was very easy and straightforward as it is a browser-based system
utilizing the cloud. The main challenge about the system setup was deciding on how
to utilize the available Signavio features as it represents the core software in our
Business Process Management. We defined this with a little help from external BPM
experts and Signavio consulting.

I used to work with Signavio before, so I knew the approach. With the help of
Signavio consulting, we were able to ramp up our own capabilities rapidly.

We have 300,000 restaurants on our platforms across 40 countries. If we are able to
improve our process execution by one minute in each restaurant, this has a huge
impact on the business. We have definitely seen a tangible ROI from using Signavio.
Visualizing a process has a huge benefit for compliance purposes but for us, the main
business improvements result from the combination of process mining and process
simulation where we can calculate the impact of planned changes.

I was involved in the decision to bring Signavio on as our solution. There are many
vendors, but for me, the key deciding point was that there is a whole integrated suite.
My experience with Signavio support was always amazing and I like the vision they
have. It helps as well that it is a startup and a fast-growing company that is very
product and customer-driven. In this environment, you need a company that really
speaks the language of the customer, and that is what Signavio does.

What other advice do I have?

I can recommend using Process Intelligence to mine processes quickly. It has really helped us in how we are approaching our business processes. I think that is one of the key factors for our continued success in the future. We have real-time data-based insights and a view into real-time processes. Without Process Intelligence, the approach of documenting processes normally takes a long time when you have to ask the process participants questions about how they believe the process is working. Besides consuming a lot of time, this approach has the risk that you document a process without really knowing if your documentation is correct.

Besides the process view, with Process Intelligence you have a lot of additional analytical views. For example, you can compare countries, metrics, KBIS (Knowledge-Based Information Systems), you can see directly how long it took from one step to the other. Process Intelligence provides direct insights into how our organization is actually operating.

For example, it provides insights into our sales paths, how we onboard the restaurants, what is our lead time, and our conversion time and rate. We can also see how a system was implemented and where there may be issues with interfaces. For example that master data was not properly implemented. Based on these insights, we see exactly which issues we need to tackle and gain insights about the potential for improvements.

On a scale of one to ten with one being the worst and ten being the best, I would rate the product as an eight. I would never go to ten because I always think there is room for improvement. I would rate differently depending on the modules. The Process Editor is like an eight or nine. Process Intelligence is still a relatively new feature and has room to provide even more value to us. Overall, there is still potential for improvement, and that's what we push Signavio for.