Signavio Process Manager Review

Helps us determine where the bottlenecks are in project delivery, but the UI needs work

What is our primary use case?

The primary use is that we, as a professional services company, are trying to enhance the project delivery cycle.

How has it helped my organization?

Signavio has helped us reduce the time involved in the project delivery cycle. It helps determine exactly where the bottleneck is for each cycle and how each cycle affects the other.

Because we are a professional service organization, the main resource in our organization is our human resources. We are a client-based company. Saving time and resources helps us to deliver. We are in the process of enhancing the delivery cycle but we were facing a lot of problems because we used manual processes. After using Signavio I was able to determine where the bottleneck is, where the problem is, so moving forward I will be able to inject more resources at this bottleneck and distribute the work to other resources. It makes the process more efficient.

What is most valuable?

It's the integration that is the most valuable feature, so I can know exactly where the bottleneck is in my overall operations. It also enables me to benchmark the cycle to help me determine where the bottleneck is.

What needs improvement?

It could use a better user interface, one that is more efficient.

Less than one year.

It is very stable.

It looks scalable but I have not reached the point where I can say if it is scalable or not. But I have been impressed while using the software.

I'm a software consultant and my company asked me to develop a cycle for the project management area. I use to use Visio, Excel, and Powerpoint - manual, basic tools. When I found that the basic tools did not cover my needs I decided to search for other tools that would help me to automate this process. I found Signavio, I registered for a free trial, and I started using the software.

This is a good way to start using the software. They gave me a free trial for one month then I asked them to give me an offer. Now we are in the process of moving forward with them. I found it easy, it helped me to define the business processes and meets my management's expectations. While I am not an expert at developing a business process cycle, when I started using the tool, it helped me convert what is fixed in my mind into a visual process.

Support is the main area I am looking for when selecting a vendor.

The initial setup was very straightforward.

ARIS was the only competitor.  I installed Signavio because there was a huge difference in the cost.

What other advice do I have?

I rate it a seven out of 10. I haven't had enough time to really give it a full evaluation, but for now, I am giving it a seven because the user interface is a big issue for me. The user interface is what brings my rating down. If the user interface was more functional or more powerful, I could give the solution an eight or nine out of 10.

From my point of view, there is no best product, but there is the software that works for me, for my needs.