Signavio Process Manager Review

Helpful version management, model editor is easy to operate, and excellent technical support

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for our projects. We describe the project requirements and build the process landscape.

How has it helped my organization?

Signavio Process Manager is very easy to use, and its ease is one of the reasons that people are adopting it. Next week, I will be teaching some of my new colleagues how to write models using the process manager. Using this solution makes it very easy for new people to start writing their own models, and we already have lots of people using it internally.

At this time, we do not have a process model lifecycle. This is something that we may do in the future, but not now.

While I cannot yet say that this solution has helped to improve employees’ workdays, I am hoping to see this by next year.

Using Signavio has changed the way people in our organization think about processes. To start thinking in processes is very important when it comes to describing them in the modeler and for discussing models. The software helps with this.

The collaborative features have definitely helped to create a process-centric mindset. After modeling in the workshop, I can invite people to read and write comments about the objects in the model. This allows the model to change and developer before the next workshop starts.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are syntax evaluation, the editor, and version management.

The editor is very easy to operate and I like it for writing models.

Version management is helpful because I like to try different versions and then decide which of them should be the main model.

What needs improvement?

I would like to be able to link a single word within a textual description directly to the glossary. For example, I would like to be able to link the names of the objects in every subject to the corresponding entry in the glossary.

This solution is very stable. I cannot remember a situation where it has broken down.

We have not yet reached a limit for what we are using, so we haven't really tested scalability.

The technical support from Signavio is excellent.

We had a problem with the database migration that was caused by a bad file in our database. The export and import would break down every time, so we had to find the problem step by step. We collaborated with technical support and they helped us to solve the problem. It was very good.

The initial setup is very easy. You have to configure the software, the rules, and the rights for the objects. All of this is easy to do.

We don't measure ROI so I cannot say.

We did not discuss other options before choosing Signavio.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anybody who is implementing this type of solution is to first think about the needs of your business. Begin with the processes in the organization, and then start to do the modeling using either Signavio or something else. It is most important to understand the business and its needs.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Private Cloud