Signavio Process Manager Review

GUI is good for collaborating, the linking capability is helpful, and technical support responds quickly

What is our primary use case?

We have just begun to fill in the Signavio platform with single processes and are trying to combine them. We do not have a specific business scenario. Rather, we are trying to bring in all of the processes from our other platform.

At the moment, we are working from our headquarters on ARIS, but this no longer works for our business.

How has it helped my organization?

Signavio is so easy to learn that you can start with easy steps, easy processes, and easy designing. During the exchange concerning the processes and how they should be combined, you learn about the modeling. You do not need much support from Signavio.

What is most valuable?

What I like most about Signavio is the ease of use. A couple of team members received training from Signavio for two days, and now with this training, these people are training other colleagues within our company.

The GUI is very easy to use, where you can sit together with your colleagues, discuss the process, and during these discussions you can build up the model.

The linking machine is very good. You can link everything that you would like to have. As soon as you have a URL, you can link it to Signavio.

What needs improvement?

I would like to have the option to select the color of items and subgroups in the glossary because right now it is fixed. This is something that is really annoying for me. For example, roads are red, and red is a color for danger. I would prefer to choose my own color.

We would like to see support for using languages other than English because we use this platform in Poland, China, and Germany. Having to work in English is ok, but not everybody speaks it.

We have been using Signavio Process Manager for less than one year.

This is a reliable solution for the most part, although sometimes we see some delays when you pick a process. We don't know if the delay is being caused by the connection or the server at Signavio. Either way, the problem is not bad enough to affect our company. Even our implementation in China is working well, with our Chinese colleagues working on the same platform that we do.

We have been in contact with technical support, four or five times. We have had quick responses and the answer was always good. We have been able to use the answer and continue our work.

Sometimes we have a request to make improvements in the software itself but the service team can only handle features that are in the software already. For the items that they can handle, the response has always been quick.

One thing that is really good is that we do not need much technical support.

We are in a transitionary stage, coming from ARIS, which no longer works for us.

What other advice do I have?

We have more than a hundred processes in the write-up stage and thirteen in production. One of our issues is that our colleagues need more confidence in using this solution and publishing software. It is a cultural issue in our company as opposed to something with Signavio's software.

Overall, we are really happy with this product.