Signavio Process Manager Review

User-friendly, easy to learn and use, and the workflow generator is helpful

What is our primary use case?

I am a one-person company and I use this product for training. I also resell this solution to my customers. It is a good tool to show the different functions that BPM is used for, and whereas some products have a special focus, the broadness in the usability of this solution is very good.

How has it helped my organization?

The ease of use is one of the most important points when it comes to Signavio Process Manager. The idea is to have BPM for everybody, but not everyone is ready to do the preparation that is required before starting off. With this solution, I have seen that during training sessions, people don't need very much instruction to learn to model or to understand the main features.

I would say that this solution has affected the way I approach business transformation. I have been working with process management for more than fifteen years and I have always looked for a product like this. I was in a company environment where all kinds of products were there, and only once I left the big international environment I saw the market for BPM products. Over the years, a lot has changed in terms of acceptance. The big players are using this kind of tool for adding value to their already existing ERP environment.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of this solution are the portal for spreading it over the organization, the usability, and the workflow generator in the background.

The interface is user-friendly.

What needs improvement?

It is sometimes difficult to find the match between what is possible and what is wanted, or what is helpful with the product, so better documentation may assist in this regard.

On the website, it is not clear how it is that I can upgrade to the Velocity Edition.

From my experience, I think that stability is within the level that is accepted by the users. When an error occurs, the users are sometimes unaware as to whether it is a system error or something that the user had done themselves. Some experience is needed. People are also aware that they can access the Signavio help desk to look for answers, although I find that for day to day work, people tend to not contact service with questions.

I think that technical support is fine.

What other advice do I have?

This is a leading-edge product, and it is my first choice of BPM.

At the moment, I am not using the process intelligence very much, but I think that it depends on the size of the customers.

This solution pushes the entire BPM industry toward being more user-friendly. It is a brand that opens up the market.

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.